Army Profession Seminars
Overview: An Army Profession Seminar is a 2-hour facilitated discussion with senior leaders focused on the following:
- What is a Profession and who are Professionals?
- Army as a Profession: Army Professionals (Profession of Arms and Civilian Corps)
- Army Profession certification criteria: Character, Competence, Commitment
- Importance of Identity and Trust
- Living the Army Ethic – Why and How We Serve – IAW FY15 “Living the Army Ethic” theme
- Overview of the Army Profession Doctrine and CAPE products
Division or higher leadership may request an Army Profession Seminar facilitated by CAPE leadership for all brigade- and battalion-level
teams (Active, Reserve, and National Guard components). The attendees should include senior leaders, i.e., Commanders, Command Sergeants
Major, Army Civilians, Field and Company Grade Officers/Warrant Officers, and NCOS within the unit.
The Army Profession Seminar is designed to assist the command with creating and sustaining a dialogue within your organization on the Army
Profession, the Army Ethic, and institutionalizing Character, Competence, and Commitment as “Trusted Professionals.” CAPE will demonstrate
techniques, concepts, and products to enable your organization to enhance its own Army Profession strategy, education, and training for all
the Soldiers and Civilians in the unit.
Request support directly by contacting CAPE:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Request an Army Profession Seminar
Have More Questions? Contact Us!
- How much does it cost to host an AP Seminar?
There is little or no cost to your organization, beyond the time it takes to
manage the student rosters and reserve the seminar venue.
- What resources must the host organization provide?
To conduct an AP Seminar the host organization simply provides a large
meeting venue such as a conference center with internet connectivity, audio-visual system support, and the training audience. Tables of eight to
ten people are best because the seminar encourages robust dialogue and discussion. Your installation’s theater - while not ideal - will suffice
if it has internet connectivity and AV system support.
- What training audience should attend an AP Seminar?
Your organization’s leaders will determine who should attend based on unit
assessments. CAPE can conduct multiple sessions during the visit for different cohorts (i.e., Brigade/Battalion Commanders / Directors, CSMs and GS14s
and Company Grade officers, NCOs and Army Civilians). For large populations, leaders may schedule AP Seminars in the morning and afternoon. For planning
purposes, CAPE tries to schedule no more than two sessions per day over a two day period at any particular location. Please let us know if your needs
require more sessions.
- Can I request to have Theme Support Packages mailed to me?
Yes. You can either download them straight to your desktop, or request hard
copies mailed to your address.