Army Profession Seminars
Overview: An Army Profession Seminar (AP Seminar) is a 2-hour facilitated discussion with senior leaders focused on the following:
- What is a profession and who are professionals?
- Essential characteristics of the Army Profession
- Army professionals: Profession of Arms and Army Civilian Corps
- Certification criteria for Army professionals: Character, Competence, and Commitment
- Importance of Identity and Trust
- One Army, Indivisible – IAW the America's Army – Our Profession (AAOP) FY 17-18 “One Army, Indivisible” theme
- Overview of the Army Profession Doctrine and CAPE products
- Character Development
Division or higher leadership may request an Army Profession Seminar facilitated by CAPE leadership for all brigade- and battalion-level
teams (Active, Reserve, and National Guard components). The attendees should include senior leaders, i.e., Commanders, Command Sergeants
Major, Army Civilians, Field and Company Grade Officers/Warrant Officers, and NCOS within the unit.
The Army Profession Seminar is designed to assist the command with creating and sustaining a dialogue on the Army
Profession, the Army Ethic, and Character Development. CAPE will demonstrate techniques,
concepts, and products to enable your organization to inspire and strengthen our shared identity as Trusted Army Professionals. This seminar is applicable for all Soldiers and Army Civilians.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How much does it cost to host an Army Profession Seminar?
There is little or no cost to your organization, beyond the time it takes to
manage the student rosters, reserve the seminar venue, and setup audio-visual equipment.
- What resources must the host organization provide?
To conduct an Army Profession Seminar the host organization simply provides a large
meeting venue such as a conference center with internet connectivity, audio-visual system support, and the training audience. Tables of eight to
ten people are best because the seminar encourages robust dialogue and discussion. Your installation’s theater – while not ideal – will suffice
if it has internet connectivity and audio-visual system support.
- What training audience should attend an Army Profession Seminar?
Your organization’s leaders will determine who should attend based on unit
assessments. CAPE can conduct multiple sessions during the visit for different cohorts (i.e., Brigade/Battalion Commanders / Directors, CSMs and GS14s
and Company Grade officers, NCOs and Army Civilians). For large populations, leaders may schedule Army Profession Seminars in the morning and afternoon. For planning
purposes, CAPE tries to schedule no more than two sessions per day over a two day period at any particular location. Please let us know if your needs
require more sessions.
- Can I request to have Theme Support Packages mailed to me?
Yes. You can either download them straight to your desktop,
or request hard copies mailed to your address.
- I have more questions. How can I contact CAPE?
You can email us
anytime or find other ways to get in touch on our contact page.